This is where the Fran's Victory Garden 2017 Plan Planting Dates on the GrowVeg GardenPlanner comes in super helpful. I was getting ready for the Spring planting March 15th. The ground hog saw his shadow and we are getting his six more weeks of winter. I can't see the ground for a half a foot of snow. The forecast has a frost down in the teens at dawn on March 23rd, five days from now. The forecast is mild until then. I'll start planting later that day. Now I will sprinkle some BBQ ash on the snow to encouraging melting where planting is planned.
The planting will include more roots for asparagus and raspberry plants. Here is the list:
- Arugula from the starter trays, I will do this last in case planting takes me several days.
- Asparagus from roots I have to purchase. I will be adding to an existing patch.
- Brussels Sprouts from the starter trays.
- Cabbage (Summer) from the starter trays.
- Cauliflower from the starter trays.
- Lettuce (Leaf) from seed.
- Peas from seed.
- Raspberry from starter plants I have to purchase.
- Spinach from seed.